Give Us A Call: 206-467-2607
We have helped many people who are in a similar situation to you fight their charges.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
As you may have already discovered, accusations of Washington state theft or shoplifting crimes are taken very seriously by law enforcement, prosecutors, and the courts.
In addition to potential jail time and fines, a conviction for a Washington state theft or shoplifting crime will have serious long term consequences.
What you can do Now - for your theft or fraud charge:
We understand after you have been arrested for a Washington state theft or shoplifting crime you may have feelings of despair, hopelessness, and even anger.
We are here to tell you that there is hope that your charge will be successfully resolved and even more importantly, that you will make it through this period.
We would like to help you fight your Washington state theft charge, such as shoplifting, theft, possession of stolen property, vehicle theft or taking a motor vehicle, check fraud, or other similar charges.
Please call us so that we may do that. We are passionate about our work and will be doing it for years to come. We have helped people who are in a similar situation as yours fight their Washington State theft charges.
We consistently get great results for our clients.
Free Initial Consultation
We meet with you in our office, for free and for as long as it takes.
We like to do this initial consultation in person (not over the phone) because this is the best way to hear about your case and give you legal advice.
There is simply no substitute for a face to face meeting.
What to expect during our first meeting:
- Review the facts of what happened and why you are facing the accusation of a Washington State theft or Washington state shoplifting charge;
- Identify potential issues that may make it difficult for the government to prosecute you on your Washington theft case;
- Describe the Washington State theft laws, as well as the Washington State criminal procedure that you will be facing over the next few months;
- Outline different options you may have in your Washington State theft or shoplifting case; and
- Provide you with a "game plan" in the form of a list of things to do to help you resolve your Washington State theft or shoplifting charges in the best possible manner.
Our Commitment to You:
We strive to be a firm of integrity. Here are our goals:
- Direct and no-nonsense
- Excellent at what we do
- Provide top-notch customer service
- Respected by judges, prosecutors and other lawyers
Based upon feedback from our clients, it appears that we are living up to these goals and are committed to doing so in the future.
If you decide that one of us is a good fit to work with you on your Washington Theft / Shoplifting charges (it is your choice who you work with and we promise not to hard sell you, we only want to work with people who want to work with us) then we will we begin representing you in your Washington State Theft / Shoplifting charges.
We represent people all over the state on Theft / Shoplifting charges, but most often in King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties.
- Attending all court hearings with you;
- Answering all your phone calls, emails and questions within 1 day (usually immediately);
- Investigating your case;
- Advising you of your options for your Washington Theft / Shoplifting charges and giving you our opinion of what you should do;
- Reviewing the accusations, witness statements, and law enforcement's arrest report with you;
- Aggressively fighting your case – this means negotiating with the prosecutor, filing legal motions, representing you in court and doing whatever it takes to get you the best deal possible for your case. (Please note, if you want fist pounding, shouting and screaming lawyers, we are not for you – that is not our style. We have found that we get the best results by being ourselves - civilized, honest and hardworking, not by grandstanding); and
- Being there to “hold your hand” throughout the entire process – beginning to end, in court, in the office, and over the phone.
Our Background and Accomplishments:
We all feel fortunate that other people have recognized us for being good at what we do. Here is some information about our backgrounds and accomplishments:
* I have had great success in helping people accused of crimes.
* My rate of having people found not guilty at trial is higher than the state average.
* In addition, I pride myself (and gauge how well I am doing) by the number of thank you notes I receive from my clients.
* I feel proud in saying that I regularly receive these. I have been recognized as a "Super Lawyer" by my peers in Washington Law and Politics Magazine.
* I am actively involved as a Legislative Liaison for the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In this role I have written, lobbied for and passed three laws that help people accused of crimes in Washington State.
* In 2001 I graduated from Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College - an intensive training program where we learned trial skills from some of the best litigators in the country.
* “Rising Star” recipient recognized by peers in Washington Law & Politics Magazine.
* "Superb Lawyer" and 10 out of 10 rating on Avvo.
* Awarded "Champion of Justice Award" by the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
* Quoted in CBS News published article regarding work on Draeger Alcotest 9510 breath test machine.
* I am regularly asked to train other lawyers.
* I have worked hard to develop a reputation as a zealous advocate for my clients. I maintain professional and civil working relationships with prosecutors which helps me immensely in negotiations. However, prosecutors know my reputation as a creative and aggressive litigator when my client does not get an acceptable offer.
* I am the current legislative liaison for the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. For the past four legislative sessions, I have represented the rights of those accused of impaired driving during the legislative process. The laws regarding impaired driving are constantly changing so I am on the cutting edges since I am typically present when the law originates.
* I am on the board for the Citizens of Judicial Excellence, a political action committee, which supports candidates which are fair, smart, and respectful to our clients, and oppose those who do not have these qualities.
As our paralegal, Ana helps us stay organized and on time. She is the person who greets you on the phone and helps with many of the details of your case.
While we try and speak to you in person when you call, if we are in court, Ana is the one who will make sure your questions are answered.
Ana has a masters from Central Washington University in Criminal Justice.